Friday, January 31, 2014

cake #2- lattice and rosettes cake

hello so I made my second cake ever today and I think it came out really nicely! this combined techniques I learned in the 2nd and 3rd lessons so it was fun to change it up a little bit!


first i stacked two heart shaped cakes on top of each other and attached them with a layer of buttercream

I accidentally iced the cake in medium consistency buttercream instead of thin consistency, so it looked a little less finished.

This is what it looked like after going over it again with a thin consistency layer (much less lumpy and more smooth I think?)

First I did the lattice work in white buttercream (had to thin it out a little so it wouldn't break as I was making the lines.) then I piped rosettes all around the border to cover up the edges of the lattice. (My brother Tim who was visiting overnight kept saying, "don't mess up don't mess up!" and i threatened to squeeze frosting into his hair)

Tim actually helped me figure out how to pipe the green leave. I wasn't taught them in the class but wanted to do them anyway and he figured out how to hold the tip so that they came out looking like leaves. (good job Timmy!)


Then I added polka dots (beads) to the top and sides of the cake!

Lastly, I added a shell border to the bottom of the cake! :)

Me with my finished cake!! :)

I'm planning on making the last cake (a chocolate cake) tomorrow so there will probably be another new post in the next two days :) <333

1 comment:

  1. Looks really professional. If I was there with my chainsaw I'd carve a couple of pieces for Nana and me. We both loved it. ---- L Ya Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete